- A Bilingual Family Support Counselor provides behaviorally focused mental health services to children and families, particularly foster and probation youth. Counselors work with youth in their environments: assisting birth/foster parents with care and supervision, maintaining a close and supportive relationship with the child's educational placement, planning activities to encourage social development, and supporting the youth in getting access to community resources. The Family Support Counselor is a member of a treatment team that seeks to provide family focused and strength based services.
- San Jose (Bilingual abilities in Spanish or Vietnamese required)
- Assist the birth/foster parents in all aspects of care and supervision of the child as needed
- Provide behaviorally focused mental health support services to clients and their families
- Plan and implement individual and group activities that encourage the child's social development
- Complete the necessary Medi-Cal/mental health notes, written in a legible, billable, and a timely manner
- Submit incident reports and other necessary documentation in a timely, complete, and legible manner
- Provide supervision for visits with birth family when necessary
- Maintain a close and supportive relationship with the child's educational placement that may include in-classroom support and tutorial assistance
- Participate in treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings when necessary
- A Bachelor's degree in a social service related field
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish or Vietnamese required
- Prefer at least 9 months experience in working with emotionally disturbed children in residential care and/or in the community
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprinting, and any other State/Federal requirements
- Own vehicle, California Drivers License, and insurance
- Sunday - Thursday 9:30am-6pm or Tuesday - Saturday 9:30am-6pm
- Flexible Hours
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Scholarship opportunities!