The Bilingual Classroom Therapist provides therapeutic, case management and consultation services for a caseload of children and families. The duties in this capacity include facilitating groups in the classroom, helping to create and implement individualized behavioral plans for each child and assisting the classroom staff in understanding clinical issues and creating a therapeutic milieu.
This position is located in our therapeutic preschool and K1, Building Blocks. The ages of the children will range from 2.5 to 7 years old.
- Oakland (bilingual Spanish abilities required)
- Conduct weekly individual and family therapy for each student.
- Monitor classroom behavioral interventions for each student.
- Provide case management and social services for each student.
- Monitor psychotropic medications.
- Record all contacts in progress notes.
- Complete all reports required for each student.
- Develop initial individual and family therapy contacts for each student.
- Assist with crisis intervention and special activities as per schedule.
- Provide consultation to classroom staff.
- Attend weekly clinical and business meetings; present cases to be discussed as pre-assigned.
- Attend weekly case management meetings and, if scheduled, prepare and present all necessary therapeutic and treatment information.
- Attend all relevant training, including in-services.
- Meet regularly with supervisor(s) to evaluate each student.
- Perform all other duties as necessary for the good of the agency as instructed by supervisor.
- Master's degree in Social Work or Master's degree in Psychology, BBS license eligible
- Bilingual Spanish/English required!
- At least one year's experience working in a day treatment or residential facility serving emotionally disturbed children and their families
- Valid California Driver’s License and insurability by Seneca's automobile insurance carrier
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and any other mandatory state/federal requirements
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assisted Program
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.